Cheap Gadget Insurance Saves the Day
Originally posted on VoIP & Gadgets Blog, here: http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/gadgets/cheap-gadget-insurance-saves-the-day.asp.
Protect Your Bubble, a new specialty insurance brand, launched today in the U.S., offering affordable and comprehensive gadget insurance for those pricey gadgets starting at $2.99/month. Perhaps more importantly Protest Your Bubble guarantees 24-hour turnaround for a replacement phone or tablet. So now you will only have to feel gadget withdrawal for 24 hours. Hey, if Jack Bauer can survive 24 hours fighting terrorists, being tortured, with barely time enough to check his Facebook, then surely you can wait 24 hours to have your gadget mailed to you. Oh and in case you're wondering what Jack Bauer's perfect mobile phone gadget is.
Protect Your Bubble's smartphone and tablet insurance covers lost, broken and stolen (any of those "oh crap" moments we all fear). Yes, they'll even replace your mobile phone that you've dropped in the toilet.
Yes, even your $500+ toilet dunked gadget can be replaced, even if it's your fault. Got too many scratches on your screen and want a new phone? Just dunk it in the toilet and have them send your a nice shiny replacement! Of course, you're insurance rates would likely go up, not to mention this is insurance fraud and even if you don't get caught it's just plain unethical. So be good to your gadgets and they'll be good to you!
Anyway, according to Protect Your Bubble, "The 24-hour turnaround was very important to consumers as indicated by our research - people need their gadgets or else they feel completely disconnected from their world." You don't say?
This isn't just a fly-by-night operation. "For starters, we've got British roots, so we've got a sense of humor, but we're backed by a global insurance company. So we've got the dependability you're looking for." In fact, they claim to be backed by a Fortune 500 global insurance company, Assurant. In addition to offering affordable protection for your gadgets, they also offer insurances for pets and travel, giving you one-stop insurance shopping.
“Consumers traditionally think of insurance in terms of life, homeowners, health or auto policies, but times are changing, and there are so many other things we now want to protect,” said Stephen Ebbett, President of Protect Your Bubble, Europe and North America. “We’ve identified moments and possessions that mean a great deal to today’s consumer and plan to educate the market that they can now protect them.”
“At Protect Your Bubble, we recognize the importance of smartphones and tablets in the modern consumer’s everyday life. We offer a specialized insurance product that protects consumers against damage, theft and loss. Most people don’t realize that replacing the smartphone in their pocket can actually cost up to $700 because they typically have subsidized handsets,” said Ebbett. “We also see a huge opportunity to help educate American pet owners. Two-thirds of U.S. households own pets, yet only one percent has invested in pet insurance. We believe it’s possible to increase that statistic by educating consumers about the benefit of pet insurance and helping people do the math on how much this coverage can save them.”
Here's a video overview of their service offering:
According to Protect Your Bubble, "In addition to the rational appeal of saving money, and based on research conducted by Protect Your Bubble, there is also a tremendous emotional reason for purchasing gadget and pet insurance. Nearly nine out of ten pet owners think of their pets as their children. And, nearly a third of focus group participants viewed their smartphone as their connection to the world and said they would feel naked without it. This insight, coupled with the surge of gadget and pet ownership showcase a strong need for the programs."
As a specialty insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble has several distinct and industry disruptive offerings including:
· Protect Your Bubble’s smartphone and tablet insurance covers lost, broken and stolen as a standard and guarantees a 24-hour turnaround for a replacement phone or tablet.
· The smartphone insurance will soon offer Android users a unique Lock/Wipe/Locate feature that allows anyone to remotely secure their personal information and track the location of the device. iPhone users will also have this locate feature as a complement to Apple’s iCloud.
· A ten percent discount is available for multiple mobile gadgets.
· The Protect Your Bubble home electronics and appliance warranties offer great coverage and the lowest warranty prices available online, starting at $2.99 per month. Protect Your Bubble provides protection for both mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
· Protect Your Bubble pet insurance provides up to 90 percent reimbursement for vet fees.
· The pet insurance allows owners to visit any licensed vet in the country.
· Coverage options offer flexible payment terms and a $100 annual deductible.
· Multiple policy options allow consumers to select the best plan to care for their furry family member.
· A ten percent discount is available for multiple pets.
· Protect Your Bubble travel insurance plans provide a variety of coverage options with coverage including trip cancellation, trip interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more so that consumers can relax and have fun instead of worrying about all the little unknown things that could affect their trip.
· The travel insurance plans also provide trip assistance like 24/7 emergency services, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
· Protect Your Bubble is unique in that it offers a multi-trip plan for those who travel often.
Additionally, Protect Your Bubble offers a convenient quote process, taking only two minutes to buy and receive your policy, all online. Consumers can also receive discounts on multi-pet and multi-gadget policies. Considering 75% of people use their mobile gadgets in the bathroom, having gadget insurance gives people piece of mind when they enter the bathroom, a gauntlet filled with dangers from hard tile flooring, water filled toilets, water in sinks, forgetting your device on the toilet paper dispenser, etc. Check them out by visiting www.protectyourbubble.com.
Tags: apple, gadgets, insurance, iphone, jack bauer, mobile phones, pets, phone, protect your bubble, smart phones, tablets, travel
Related tags: protect bubble, gadget insurance, available multiple, locate feature, global insurance, insurance
Congrats to Netgear - wins Top 10 Gadgets 2007 Award - Dec 12, 2007
Apple Planned the iPad BEFORE the iPhone. Who knew? - Feb 10, 2012
magicJack Plus Update - Sep 12, 2011
Severe iOS 4.2 VoIP Ringing Bug Fixed - Nov 22, 2010
Nimbuzz adds iPhone push notifications - Jul 14, 2009
Palm Going the Way of the Dodo? - Nov 24, 2008
Apple iPhone 2.0: Twice as Much for Half as Much - Jun 09, 2008
Provia A1 GPS - too cool! - Aug 27, 2007
Jack Bauer's Perfect Mobile Phone for 24 - Jan 15, 2007
maaii Review - New VoIP App Similar to Viber - Feb 28, 2012
| Comments | Tag with del.icio.us | VoIP & Gadgets Blog Home | Permalink: Cheap Gadget Insurance Saves the Day
[ Back To iphone.tmcnet.com's Homepage ]